Which of these client testimonials is going to be more effective?
- “Roger is the best in town. I’d highly recommend him for all of your insurance needs.”
- “My family and I just moved to Broken Arrow from out of state, which meant finding new health and homeowners insurance. I was dreading filling out confusing paperwork, poorly designed website forms, and endless phone calls. Working with Flippo Insurance was great because they did all of the heavy lifting, and I knew it was done correctly. As an insurance broker, they gave me a ton of quotes, and I was able to find the insurance we needed for the best value. Call Roger today and save yourself a ton of frustration and money, you won’t regret it.”
If you’ve ever asked for a recommendation from a client, you probably got something closer to the first option. Hardly convincing, but most people don’t know how or have the time to write something better.
Want to get better testimonials from your customers? Ask these questions:
1. What was your absolute biggest challenge before working with (your business name here)
2. How did that challenge make you feel?
3. What changed after hiring us?
4. What specific results can you share?
5. What would you say to somebody on the fence about hiring (your business name here)
6. What were you thinking when you decided to start working with us?
7. Anything else to add?
When your satisfied clients answer these questions, you’ll be able to tell a compelling story that builds trust and establishes you as the guide your audience needs.